This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under pertaining to electronic records as applicable and amended. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of the Website is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions including the applicable policies which are incorporated herein by way of reference and as amended from time to time.
Accessing, Browsing or otherwise using the website indicates your agreement to all the terms and conditions herein, so please read the terms and conditions carefully before proceeding. By impliedly or expressly accepting these Terms and Conditions of use of website, you also accept and agree that you have read, understood and are bound by these Terms and conditions, regardless of how you/MT member subscribe to or use the MT services. If you do not want to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, you must not use the MT website or the MT services.
In these Terms, references to "You" or "User" or "MT member" shall mean the end user accessing the MT website/MT services, its contents or using the MT services offered. "MT Services" means a collective reference to the MarriageThought service provided by MarriageThought.com
You understand and acknowledge that MarriageThought acts as an "Intermediary" as defined under clause (1) sub-clause (w) of Section 2 of the Information Technology Act, 2000. MT is a brand owned by MarriageThought.com which owns, retains and has complete rights in MT and the MT Website /App/MT Service.
MT acts as a platform to enable any user to themselves register on it (by filling the mandatory fields and optional fields, if any) for seeking prospective lawful matrimonial alliances for themselves. MT retail store may also be able to assist you to create your profile, however, you must have a valid/operational mobile phone number and an email id. The profiles in the database of MT are classified broadly on the basis of language and region for the ease and convenience of its member / customer.
- MT Membership and rights of admission is reserved solely for:
- Indian Nationals & Citizens.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Non Resident Indians (NRI).
- Persons of Indian Descent or Indian Heritage
- Persons who intend to marry persons of Indian Origin.
- Further in capacity as MT member you confirm that you are :
- 18 years or above (if you are a woman) or 21 years or above (if you are a man);
- If you have applied for Divorce, you may register on our website/App by stating "Awaiting Divorce".
- If you are a resident of any other Country, you are legally competent to marry as per the local rules applicable to your country and you shall comply with the Indian laws for marrying a person of Indian Origin
In case you are a Registrant of the prospective bride/ bridegroom and has created profile in MT Website/App on behalf of them or is accessing the MT Website/App on behalf of them implies that you have taken their consent for their profile creation in MT and for accessing the MT Website/App.
- We expect that you would complete the online registration process with fairness and honesty in furnishing true, accurate, current, complete information and with providing recent photos of you which will help you to meet your parameters. Further you may fill in your email id and phone number in any of our registration campaigns appearing in various websites as part of our advertisements, basis which you may receive call from our Customer Service Center and assist you in getting your profile registered on our website/App.
- If at any point of time MT comes to know or is so informed by third party or has reasons to believe that any information provided by you for registration (including photos) or otherwise is found to be untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, MT shall have full right to suspend or terminate (without any notice) your MT membership and forfeit any amount paid by you towards MT membership fee and refuse to provide MT service to you thereafter.
- MT also reserves the right to block the registration of your profile on Website/App, if any, in the case of your contact details/links being entered in irrelevant fields or if there are errors in any data entered by the MT members in their profile.
- Registration of duplicate profiles of the same person is not allowed in MT Website/App. MT shall have full right to suspend or terminate (without any notice) such duplicate profile.
- E. You acknowledge and confirm that your registration with MT and the usage of MT services is with the bonafide intention of marriage and not otherwise. MT Membership is restricted strictly to the registered MT individual member only. Organizations, companies, businesses and/or individuals carrying on similar or competitive business cannot become Members of MT and nor use the MT Service or MT members data for any commercial purpose, and MT reserves its right to initiate appropriate legal action for breach of these obligation.
You are responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of your MT login credentials such as your user id, password, OTP, etc., and for restricting access to your computer/mobile to prevent unauthorized access to your account. We, as a Company do not ask for Password and you are cautioned not to share your password to any persons.. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
Role and Responsibility of MT
- MT reproduces your details once you register on our website /App on "as is as available" basis and also share your profile with other registered MT members.
- MT's obligation is only to provide an interface to its registered members for seeking prospective lawful matrimonial alliances for themselves.
- MT Team will analyze the profile registered and will assist you in getting compatible matches.
- MT cannot guarantee or assume responsibility for any specific results from the use of the data available from the MT service.
- MT shall safeguard sensitive user information using security standards,authentication mechanisms, access controls and encryption techniques.
- MT cannot guarantee the complete protection of user data while it is in transit, or prevent any tampering of the data by a third party with malicious intent before the data reaches the MT servers.
- MT do not authenticate/endorse any information of any profile and hence you as a user need to verify the credentials and information provided by other users.
Role and Responsibility of MT Member
- Any information / data required by MT for using the MT services shall be provided by the MT Member, as and when so sought by MT.
- You are requested to verify the credentials of the prospect, exercise due care and caution regarding their profile information which includes marital status, educational qualifications, financial status, occupation, character, health status, etc. and satisfy yourself before making a choice of your match. MT shall not be liable for short coming due to any misrepresentations made by any of its MT members.
- You are required to verify the credentials of the prospect and we shall not be liable for any misbehavior/ misrepresentations made by the Prospect to you during communications via calls, messages, vedio calls etc
- To get better results, MT Members are expected to provide latest photograph which should not be more than 3 (three) months old. Providing old photographs/ photographs of others, inaccurate / false information shall be treated as violation of terms and conditions and MT shall retain their right under clause 2 (b) of this terms and conditions.
- MT members are expected to disclose their health records during profile enrollment which includes any pre-existing illness, physical disability etc. Non - disclosure at the time of enrollment shall be treated as violation of the terms and conditions and MT shall retain their right under clause 2 (b) of this terms and conditions.
MT Members are advised to refrain from :
- Entering into any financial transactions with prospects. MT Members shall not seek financial help or provide financial help from / to the other MT Members.
- Using abusive language when they communicate with the other MT Members.
- being discriminative or using racial comments etc.
- Sharing of confidential and personal data with each other but not limited to sharing of bank details, etc.
- Entering into physical relationship with any prospect before marriage.
- violating any law for the time being in force
- From mentioning details of other matrimonial services while sending personalized messages.
- MT Members are expected to be cautious of prospects who ask for favours, money etc or call from multiple phone numbers, only interact over phone, doesn't come forward for face to face meeting (physically or through video calls) and don’t involve family and friends in match making. Beware of suspended profiles status before you finalize an alliance with the prospect.
- If the MT Member fails to update in MT website/App, any change in the particulars furnished in their profile/ then the MT membership may be suspended by MT at its sole discretion.
- MT member shall, in case of finalization of his/her/their Registrant’s marriage, delete their profile by themselves or intimate MT for removal/deletion of their profile.
- MT Members agree to use secure devices, software and networks in a private place for accessing the MT services.
- MT member shall not use any kind of Bots like web robots, Chatbot or any other automated processes/programs/scripts to use, communicate or respond in MT Website/App.
- MT Members shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerabilities of the MT Website/App or any network connected to the Website/App nor breach the security measures instituted by MT.
- You shall also not make any payment / transfer any amount to account of any MT employees. All payments shall be made only to MT bank account.
- MT members are expected to approach MT to resolve their complaints and grievances and shall not air their grievance/complaints in social media.
Medium of Communication to MT Members
- MT member hereby consents for receiving communication including promotional communications through any medium of communications such as electronic mails, calls, SMS or through Whatsapp messages from MT or other portals owned by MT or their alliance partners.
- MT by its automatic system sends to its member (s) profile (s) of the prospect by way of images/ documents/ messages / links. MT member confirms that the mobile number submitted to it for verification or alternative number if any provided, is not registered with the Do Not Disturb / National Customer Preference Register and they shall not initiate any complaint.
Privacy of Membership
In the event you come across any violation by another user including but not limited to having content in the web site that is obscene, menacing, grossly offensive, harming minors, infringing copyright, patents, etc., or another user is impersonating etc. you may then please be free to provide your concerns in writing or email us or contact us.
Disputes between Members
- MT Members are solely responsible for the communications (through any medium) with prospect or vice versa. MT expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any monetary transaction(s) or exchange(s) or interaction(s) or passing of information(s) etc. between any MT members inter se via e-mail, chat, interaction, Whatsapp or any other medium of communication between MT members either using website /App or otherwise.
- MT has no obligation, to monitor any such disputes arising between the MT members, and MT shall not be party to any such dispute/litigation etc.
- You agree that all content of MT belong to MT excluding your or third party content including advertisement on the Website/App for which MT has requisite license/right in terms hereof to display the same on our Website/App.
- You acknowledge that you alone are responsible and liable for the content (mandatory or optional content you provided on our website) and information including the profile details, photograph and other content(s) keyed in the relevant field of the Website/App at the time of the creation of the MT profile or subsequently modified by you and also for all the post and communication (including personalized messages sent by MT paid members) with other member(s). You hereby represent and warrant that you own all rights, title and interest in your content/information or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to provide the said content/information. However, by submitting the content/information to MT, you hereby grant MT a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, publish, communicate to the public, law enforcement agencies, courts, and the MT's business and services, including without limitation for promoting, communicating to the public and redistributing part or all of the content/information (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
- While MT does not accept any obligation to monitor the content/information in your profile, if the content/information is found not to be in compliance with these Terms and conditions, MT may delete the content/information and / or terminate or suspend your registration or (without a refund of any subscription paid by you in terms of clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions). You agree that if the situation warrants MT may at its sole discretion put restriction on any MT member to other member's communications.
- MT reserves the right to proceed/initiate appropriate steps under the prevailing law against infringement by violators of the its proprietary rights or for illegally copying, modifying, publishing, transmitting, distributing, performing, displaying, or selling of any such proprietary information including using it for commercial purpose in any manner whatsoever.
Third Party website
- MT reserves the right to add/delete/alter/modify/suspend any or all the MT Services at any time as it may deem fit, without notice. The MT members are expected to see the change on the Website/App.
Limitation of liability
- MT or its Office bearers shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible to the MT member or his/her authorized Representative or Registrant or any third party for any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, incidental, or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, damages resulting from the use of our Website/App/Third Party Website/ MT services.
- MT informs you that the exchange of profile(s) through or by MT should not in any way be construed as a matrimonial offer and/or recommendation and / or advice or guarantee given to the MT member, from/ or by MT.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, MT's liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to MT, for any specific MT paid package, and no further.
- MT will not be liable in case of any wrong/improper match made due to unavailability of profiles from MT’s owned other websites.
- MT or its office bearers shall under no circumstances be liable, if any, for the MT member entering into financial transaction with any other MT Member or any third party.
- MT or its office bearers shall under no circumstances be liable, if any, for any MT members not responding/reciprocating when you approach them for matrimonial alliance.
Class Action Suits
You acknowledge and confirm that you will not bring or participate in any class action or other class proceeding in connection with any dispute with MT. Further neither you nor MT agrees to class arbitration.
In the event you file a false complaint against another prospect on our Website /App and consequently we have suspended/deleted that prospects profile based on your complaint, then we reserve our right to initiate appropriate legal (Civil/Criminal) action against you and claim any and all costs expenses from you, for such irresponsible/misrepresentation/illegal/unlawful action. We also reserve our right to suspend your profile and forfeit any and all amounts paid by you for the MT services as per clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein, MT reserves the absolute right to delete, in any manner as it deems fit, any content of any profile listing placed on MT/website/App (once such instance come to MT notice) in order to ensure, that proper consent has been obtained by you , prima facie accuracy and the prevailing laws in force for the time being, especially those relating to providing any obscene, libelous, blasphemous, slanderous, defamatory or invasive of another person’s (deceased or alive) right of privacy or publicity, or that may reasonably be deemed to be harmful, vulgar, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, hateful, objectionable with respect to race, religion, creed, nationality, gender or otherwise unfit for reproduction; or suggests or encourages unfair or illegal /indecent, unlawful activity. MT also reserves the right to block/ delete / suspend the profile which might be offensive, illegal or that might violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of our office bearers/employees (including undue communication with any employee) and/or other registered prospects or using our MT website/App as a means of communication while sending messages to other MT members regarding their profile identity in other matrimonial websites.
- Once your paid membership expires, you cannot avail the services until you renew it.
- Your access to and use of the MT Services or any content is at your own risk. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE MT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. MT does not warrant that the Website/App, its servers, or e-mail sent from MT are free of viruses or other harmful components. MT will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this MT Website/App, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- MT does not give any implied or explicit guarantee or warranty of marriage or alliance by you choosing to register on our Website/App and using MT services (both paid and free).
- Notwithstanding anything contrary contained anywhere, under no circumstances, MT shall be held responsible or liable whatsoever or howsoever, arising out of, relating to or connected with:
- any act or omission done by MT/payment gateway/alliance partner etc.
- any untrue or incorrect information submitted by you or on your behalf
- any decision taken by you or on your behalf or any consequences thereof, based on any information provided by any other user (including suspension/deletion of the profile from MT);
- any unauthorized or illegal act done by any third party relating to or connected with any information submitted by you or on your behalf;
- any cyber crime attempted or committed by anyone and
- any incident of force-majeure or 'act of god'.
- Any issue already stated in these terms and conditions including limitation of liability clause of these terms and conditions.
- Using/availing of third party services namely horoscope matching services etc. and for paying them through the Website.
- MT shall not be liable for the outcome of during any interaction in a meeting, call, sms, chat, email or social media posts at any point of time.
- Any issues relating to any technical malfunction of any telecommunication network, software, hardware failures, network congestion, denial of service, failure due to spamming or any combination of the above.
- You expressly agree that your use of this Website/App is at your sole risk.
- We are not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, hand-held device or mobile telephones as a result of the installation or use of the app. We are not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, hand-held device or mobile telephones as a result of the installation or use of the app.
By using our MT services you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless MT, its subsidiaries, affiliates, Directors, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, fully indemnified and harmless from any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any person through improper use of the service provided by MT. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive in perpetuity.
- We/ MT in good faith reserve our right to terminate your MT membership or suspend/delete your profile at our sole discretion without any notice to you and take any action as mentioned in clause 2 (b) of the Terms and Conditions, in case you
- seek physical / financial favors from our other registered members or
- have provided incorrect information on our website/App or
- have committed any fraudulent/ unlawful/ illegal activities through the use of our website/App or
- have violated this Terms and conditions or
- have misappropriated the name, likeness, email address, contact no or other personally identifiable information of another MT member created a profile on our website /App by impersonation/ fake/ bogus/ false/ misrepresentation/ without consent of the person who’s profile is being registered or use only part information including using photo of third parties without the permission of such third parties or act with other members/employees in indecent/improper manner,
- If MT receives any complaint against you and consequently we have suspended/deleted your profile in good faith, then we shall not be liable to you in any manner whatsoever, including for any loss, costs, expenses, or consequence, if any.
- Unless otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, MT membership may be terminated by MT / you without assigning any reasons by serving 7 ( seven) days written notice on the other, all amount paid till date by you to MT shall be forfeited.
- Upon termination / suspension of MT membership, your right to use or access the MT Website/App MT services will cease immediately. All provisions of this terms and conditions that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, disclaimers, and limitations of liability. Termination of your access to and use of the MT Services shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to such termination.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- The registration of MT membership and all MT services are deemed to have been entered into within the territorial Jurisdiction of Bangalore, India.
- The MT Members unconditionally agree that all such disputes and / or differences if any shall be governed by the Laws of India and submitting to the exclusive Jurisdiction of appropriate court of law in Bangalore, India.
Mode of Payment
- Payment made by cash / cheque / Net Banking / Debit / Credit Card/ Paypal/ RTGS/ NEFT/ would be in accordance with the prevailing RBI guidelines. Activation of paid MT service shall be subject to realization of the said payment. In case of dishonor of Cheque/demand draft; you shall be liable to pay applicable bank’s cheque/DD bouncing charges. Further MT service to your account will be deactivated / suspended until you settle the value of the payment and applicable bank charges in cash.
- MT uses third party payment gateways for collection payment through credit/debit card or other payment instruments.
Refund and Assignment
- The payments made by any MT member to MT by way of membership / renewal fee / auto renewal are treated as non-refundable.
- MT member shall not assign or transfer your MT membership to any other person or entity, and such an act shall be treated as violation of terms and conditions and MT shall retain their right under clause 2 (b) of this terms and conditions.
- Payment once made for MT services cannot be assigned to any person/party or adjusted towards any other product or packages provided by the Company.
- We automatically renew all paid Memberships before the expiry of the term of the paid Membership. You agree that your account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature.
- When you first subscribe for your paid Membership, you acknowledge that when your paid Membership expires it will automatically renew for the duration and at the last paid price.
- The maximum tenure of any packages will be 12 (Twelve) month. Every MT packages post validity period (varies from package to package), shall be renewed.
- If you do not want your paid membership to automatically renew, you must cancel your paid membership.
Additional terms and conditions applicable to Non- Resident Indian customers
- JurisdictionThe laws of India shall be applicable.
- Arbitration of Disputes.
The Parties shall discuss among themselves and resolve any disputes informally. We are interested in attempting to resolve any Disputes by amicable and informal means, and we encourage you to contact us before resorting to arbitration. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 ( thirty ) days from the date of such dispute , then such dispute may only be resolved through an individual arbitration conducted in accordance with the provisions of The Arbitration and conciliation Act, 1996, by sole arbitrator. The seat of Arbitration shall be Bangalore, Karnataka, India. We shall appoint the sole arbitrator. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in the English language
- However, Disputes relating to infringement of our intellectual property rights, which we may elect to have resolved by means other than arbitration.
- In case of Renewal, Customer is charged the current price that prevails and renewed is done only for 3 months duration irrespective of the past package.
Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement may be brought in Courts of Bangalore, Karnataka, India.